Eighteen wheels beneath you. One great company behind you.
Working as an Owner Operator for Swift is the perfect way to build your own business for the long haul. As the leader in the truckload industry, Swift provides the freedom to manage and grow your own business.
Contracting with Swift offers an unbeatable combination of freedom and support for your future as an Owner Operator.Lease Programs
Here is where you'll learn more about competitive truck leasing programs offered by companies such as Interstate Equipment Leasing and Wasatch Leasing.Contract Rates
As the truckload leader, Swift offers you banded mileage rates, the shorter the trip the greater the mileage rate. A fuel rebate /FSC on all dispatched loaded and empty miles which gives you easy access to the swift freight basket.
Click here if you're ready to sign on as an Owner Operator with Swift.
Trucker Leasing Options
As such, we provide the kind of support and compensation to enable us to maintain positive, long-term relationships with these valuable professionals. We strive to treat our Owner Operators not merely as contractors, but as partners in the success of Swift Transportation.
On the road, Swift maintains clean, full-service terminals throughout the country. These locations serve as your home away from home. Swift also provides discounted labor, parts and tires at all company shops and outside shops.
To join Swift as an Owner Operator, you must meet the below requirements:
- Physical damage insurance—available at 2.5% per $1,000.00 of truck value.
- Non-trucking liability insurance—available through Swift at $5.77 per week.
- Occupational Accident per Hazard insurance—available at $32.31 or $45.00 per week.
- Insurance is available through our preferred vendor or you have the option of using your own insurance. Your insurance policy must comply with our contract requirements.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- The truck cannot be older than XX years, 3-axle with sleeper and sliding fifth wheel, and prefer low-profile tires. Maximum (WB 265) wheelbase; maximum weight- 22,000 lbs. with fuel. Your tractor must pass a DOT 1 level inspection.
The Miles to Make More Money and Customers Among the Best in the Business.
At Swift, we are committed to providing our Owner Operators with a highly competitive contract.
|OO Pay/ Loaded Mile||OO Pay/Empty Mile|
Loaded and empty dispatched miles are based upon the current version of the Rand McNally Household Movers’ Guide shortest route.
- Longevity bonus: contractors who stay continuously leased on with Swift receive a progressive bonus per mile after the first three years of service
- Base plate licensing and permits are provided
- $35 for each additional drop/pick on multi-stop loads (after the first)
- 100% of lumpers fees, if required, are paid
- Contractors are insured while under dispatch by Swift Transportation
- Tolls are reimbursed
* Mileage pay based on Rand McNally's Household Mover's Guide shortest route.
As an Owner Operator with Swift, you will be a small business owner with a $3 billion trucking industry leader as your customer. As such, you will have the advantage of access to our incredible network.
You may choose to purchase the following health benefits through preferred providers:
- Medical (PPOs & HMOs)
You will have the choice of scheduled limited medical benefits.
My Health Pass offers contractors a large selection of products focused on the specific needs of the independent owner operator. As such, you will have the advantage of access to our incredible network.
Some of the products offered are:
- Assistance with understanding Healthcare Reform
- Telemedicine – Speak with a medical professional 24/7
- Major Medical
- Limited Medical
- Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
To learn more about these and other valuable contractor programs, call 866-613-6000 or visit www.myhealthpass.com